Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We spent the morning at the park and the monkeys helped KingKong do dishes and vacuum as I was being lazy on the couch otherwise occupied.

MonkeyButt has decided he'd like to have a Nintendo DS. Sometime today, while I was snoring busy, he and KingKong decided to discuss setting up an allowance system. Heh. CuriousGeorge was on board. Those monkeys did NOT lift a finger today without checking first to see if it was "going toward our allowance money?"

So, this afternoon, as I was testing my new hammock mowing the lawn, the monkeys decided to finish up some dishes and another round (because there are several in a day) of picking up the living room.

I came inside to a bunch of puffy-chested proud boys (KingKong included) proclaiming their love for me with sudsy hands.

MonkeyButt: See the living room, Mommy? I picked up and
vacuumed.

CuriousGeorge: And I helped him and I did the dishes.

MonkeyButt: Yeah Mommy, we did it alllllllllll for YOU!

CuriousGeorge: ...And the MONEY...

15 comments:

Heather J. said...

At least they are honest.
My kids gave me coupons, for the things that their chores incorporated already....very nice of them, huh?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a case of the Sneaky Boys at your house, too. Hope your day was great as you lounged. I got to take a three hour nap, too!

justmylife said...

Are you sure we don't have the same children? Mine don't move unless it pays! The Boy has a full time job and still expects to get paid for cleaning his room. Not happening, I think I should charge to clean it though.

Hope your Mother's Day was great as you checked out that new hammock.

iheartchocolate said...

And the money. That's my main motivator too.

KATE said...

...and the money... Of course that came into play too! My little one actually had to be told that she gets nothing until after all the chores are done & then we decide what she gets. I so hate the "how much do I get for the dishes" questions!
I'm glad you had a good Mothers Day!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

ok, girl... what you up to? I've been by a few times to check in and now I'm wondering if y'all are ok? Hope everything is fantastic and you're having to much fun with the monkeys to blog! Don't feel obligated to blog, though... just wanted to check on ya! :)

Anna said...

Hey! We miss you! Hope everything is good...just checkin' in!

Anna said...

Hey! We miss you! Hope everything is good...just checkin' in!

KATE said...

Missin' You!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Also, I've got something for you:
http://boysrulemylife.blogspot.com/2008/05/mama-belle-has-bestowed-excellent-award.html

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well...

Anonymous said...

I love your site - the monkey theme is adorable.. and lounging on the couch sounds like heaven to me.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a tag will bring ya back around! I tagged you...if you're up to it. :)

KATE said...

Still missing you! Hope you're doing alright!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Maybe a Dirty Baby Carnival will bring you out of hiding? I know you've got some monkeys that play in the dirt, right?

Hope all is well...